Mindtree is an international IT consulting company started on 1999 with the great power seven intellectual people.In this short time Mindtree surpassed many milestones. Now Mindtree ranked 18 th in India.They are involved in creation of Bluetooth.This is the Mindtree’s little introduction now come to the main part MindTree campus Interview experience .
They say “Sabr ka fal mitha hota hai”…But the toughest part is doing that sabr.
When I was not selected in the Aptitude test at TCS, it was really a shock for me.. I felt like a pin had pierced my heart. But, luckily the waiting time to prove my worth was a little less. So, when MINDTREE came to my campus at Asansol Engineering College, a do-before-I-die attitude suddenly surfaced from within (me).
To start off, they gave a PPT presentation about MINDTREE. It was followed by an Online Aptitude Test.
The Aptitude Test consisted of four sections-
- English based Verbal
- Logical Reasoning
- 4 hours after the test, the results were announced. I was one among the 90(approx) students qualified for the interview.
The interview was quite informal, as opposed to the general interview procedure. My interviewer asked me to sit in the couch. He told me to introduce myself, which was followed by some other questions:-
- What are your favorite subjects?(I said C, Core Java, S/w Engg & Basics of DBMS)
- Explain Multi-Threading in Java.(I did explain)
- Give a practical example of multithreading.(I said Digital Clock)
- Explain how will u write the program of Digital Clock(I explained)
- Write down the program.(he gave me pen & paper, and asked me to write; Though I couldn’t write, I explained him the approach)
- He gave a C program and asked to write to program— “Enter a paragraph. Increase the letters by 1, i.e A will become B & similarly. Then reverse the paragraph such that the last word comes first, and similarly other words follow.
Eg: I am a boy……
On increasing the letters it would be “J bn b cpz”
On reversing it becomes “cpz b bn J”.(I wrote 75% of the program and explained the approach for the whole).
- Explain Software Engineering. (I did)
- Are you comfortable working anywhere in India?(I said yes)
- Any questions for me?(I asked where is the headquarters…..)
On the next day, when the results were announced, I was just overwhelmed to know that I did make it. Only 22 were selected. They gave the offer letter, on the spot & then we had a group photo.
For Apti, focus on basics. Questions were easy, but you need to remain focused. Don’t lose concentration during the test. And attempt all questions. There is no negative marks. You have to attempt 15 questions per section, or else you will be disqualified. There is sectional cut-off!
For interview…They focused mainly on programming. More than writing the program, if you can explain them the approach, with confidence, you will make it through. Throughout the interview, maintain a smile, and be confident!!
Wish you all the best.